1. The Kenya High Commission in the United Kingdom has received a disturbing video that has been making rounds on social media including on the YouTube channel (https://youtube.be/ntp-xhabszq) where police officers in Colchester, Essex are seen to assault a Kenyan national, Mr. Wycliff Cox.
2. The High Commission has already communicated with the UK Government raising the Government of Kenya’s concerns on the unnecessary force on an unarmed man.
3. The High Commission has been in constant communication with the family and assured them of the Government’s support as they seek justice.
4. The Government of Kenya is keen that the case that was reported to the UK authorities in late September 2020 be thoroughly investigated so that justice is seen to be done, and also that all involved be held to account for their actions according to UK police conduct and regulations.
5. The health, welfare and safety of Kenyans living in the United Kingdom remain a priority for the Mission and the Government of the Republic of Kenya.
Kenya High Commission, London
45 Portland Place, W1B 1AS