- The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), in collaboration with the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA),is planning to conduct an online Diaspora Remittances Survey (DRS) in 19th March to 17th May 2021.
- The survey aims at collecting information on remittance inflows to Kenya,establishing the efficiency and cost of the remittance channels, usage of the remittances received as well as the challenges facing Kenyans in the diaspora in their endeavour to remit cash or non-cash transfers.
- The survey results will be important in informing the design of policy interventions aimed at removing bottlenecks and mitigating challenges facing Kenyans in the diaspora as they remit funds.
- On behalf of the Government of Kenya, The High Commission would like to clarify that the survey respondents will remain anonymous and the data provided will be treated with utmost confidentiality, will not be used by third parties, and the resultant reports will only have aggregated data.
- To understand more on the rationale behind the Survey, and the expected benefits from the findings, kindly watch the virtual sensitization meeting co-hosted by the Central Bank Governor, Dr. Patrick Njoroge and the Principal Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Amb. Macharia Kamau held on Thursday 8th April 2021
- Should you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Central Bank on;
Tel: +254 20 286 0000
Ministry of Foreign Affairs- Directorate of Diaspora and Consular Affairs